Thursday 12 February 2015

OOTD - I'm back and pregnant!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin          

                               

Well this really has taken a long time for me to write! I have been absent for a while due to early pregnancy issues (nausea and fatigue) so really needed a break. But now I'm in my second trimester (well, I'm almost at the end of the second trimester now), I'm back! I have so much more energy and can get things done.

As I'm pregnant you can expect to see a lot of posts about maternity fashion which is something I think is really lacking. It's just so hard to find decent clothing when pregnant. There is so little variety in the shops, in fact, most shops don't even stock maternity clothing in store meaning it's only available on line. What is the point in that? Pregnancy is one of those times you really need to try things on. Your body shape is constantly changing making the task of finding clothes particularly difficult. I don't even know what size to buy half the time so how can I even contemplate buying clothes online?

At the moment, I am able to wear a lot of my normal, pre-pregnancy clothes. Yes, that's right, they still fit! This is mainly because I buy a lot of over-sized, baggy clothing as I prefer it's modesty and comfort. Also, I buy a lot of clothes made of jersey or other stretchy materials, due to my awkward body shape, so they still stretch over the bump.

Once my pre-pregnancy clothes get too small I will most likely start buying normal clothing in larger sizes. There is much more variety and it can work out cheaper too. I will keep you updated with my new 'maternity' finds.

Now to the outfit. This outfit was something I wore a few months ago now at the beginning of my pregnancy. The skirt fromDelal Designs is absolutely amazing as it's one size fits all which means you are able to wear it no matter how much weight you gain or lose. How can this be? Well, the waistband stretches, so it's perfect maternity wear as it grows with your growing bump. I know it will be fabulous for just after the birth too as it will still fit and be very comfortable.

The top is a vest top from ASDA. I fell in love with the colours and floral pattern. Also, I really like the tie detail in the front, it makes it more interesting. The jersey cardigan was a present from my sister-in-law in Turkey so it is from a Turkish market somewhere. It has a belt which I usually tie at the back so the cardigan falls open at the front.

The hijab is from a market stall. It is my favourite kind of hijab, a viscose maxi. I love maxis as they are so long and wide and easy to style. It has a subtle trim round the edge which makes it that bit more interesting than having a plain coloured hijab. I chose a green hijab to match with the green skirt. Matching hijab and skirt is a great style to go for, I think it can really pull an outfit together.


Scarf: market stall
Aardigan: market stall
Vest top: ASDA
Skirt: Delal Designs

                         

                                               Front view

                     

                                                 Back view


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! :) Lovely outfit too - such a nice colour combination. #UKbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Glad you're feeling better now and I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

    Your outfit is lovely, I also really like the colours. When I was pregnant, I also bought a lot of "normal" clothing in larger sizes and it worked out well for me, not to mention being really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it just makes more sense to buy normal clothes in larger sizes doesn't it? With places like primark meaning you can buy clothes cheaply. No point spending a lot on clothes you will only wear for a few months.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations. Love the outfit. Masalama. Xxx

    ReplyDelete