Tuesday 23 September 2014

OOTD

                    

It was a glorious sunny day so we went to the park. My daughter was learning to ride her bike and we ended up picking loads of delicious blackberries! My daughter is only four years old but loves to take pictures so I asked her to take some of me. I'm actually really impressed with this first one. Can't believe she managed to take such a good shot! Will definitely be requesting her photography skills more often in future!

Anyway, back to the outfit. I am wearing some salwar, also know as harem pants, which are from Delal Designs. I literally live in salwar at the moment. They are just so comfortable and easy to wear. Perfect for lounging around at home or dressing up a bit to go out in. These ones are made of a soft jersey material which only adds to their comfort. I love how baggy they are, allowing for both modesty and ease of movement. They become tighter at the ankle which is great as it stops them dragging on the floor. This makes them a particularly good thing to wear in the rain. I just hate it when the bottoms of garments get wet in the rain. These salwar definitely don't. They also have a handy pocket on each side which is perfect for storing small items. So useful to have pockets.

Moving up, I'm wearing a long sleeved black cross-over top from La redoute. It's not a shop I normally buy from but this top is great. I love how it crosses over at the front like a wrap. It has ruching on either side which is amazing at giving the illusion of a flat stomach. Really very flattering.

To finish off the outfit, I am wearing a kimono jacket from New look. I discovered these jackets a few months ago and this one has been a life saver for me in the summers heat. I don't know about you, but every time the weather heats up, I panic about what to wear. I found it really difficult the first couple of years I started dressing modestly, how could I possibly cover my body and survive in the heat? Everything seemed too hot. To be honest, I still get this problem now, but this kimono jacket has certainly helped the situation. It is made of a light, cotton fabric which is perfect for summertime. Not only is it modest, it's bagginess also allows the air to circulate through it to help keep you cool. I hope they have these in the shops again next summer! 


Scarf: stall at Eid fayre
Kimono jacket: New look
Black top: La Redoute
Salwar: Delal Designs

                           

The wind was blowing my salwar around, making them wrap around my leg at one point!

                      

                           Here you can see the salwar better.

                   

                                       Here is the back view.


No comments:

Post a Comment